MX Trax

Thread: Thumpstar Stator Wiring

Hi

Can anybody help with the thumpstar 110cc stator wiring? I have just swapped the engine in my bike to a thumpstar engine and I am having a few charging problems. The first rectifier I had was delivering between 7-50 volts , so I figured it probably wasn't regulating and purchased a new rectifier/regulator from monkeybike co uk, this regulator / rectifier supplies between 2 and 6 volts which isn't enough to keep the battery charged. I can only think that the wires coming from the engine are different colours than my original ones. There are 5 wires coming from the engine, 1 Ground (Green) then two to the rectifier (yellow and pink) and 2 to the cdi unit, does anybody know if this is correct? The bike runs okay, just can't seem to get the 12volts out to charge the battery.

Thanks

Matt

Take the battery, starter motor etc. off. Problem solved!!

Yer, I was actually looking at fixing it rather than bodging a fix, I would quite like to put some lights on, I suppose I could use cycle lights, but I thought I might try and use the battery available to me.

Try this, isnt not from a Thumpstar but will probaly help you, and if you want to fit lights

Thanks for the diagram, I'm pritty sure I have 5 wires comming from the stator, but I'll double check what I have going to where tonight.

Thanks

If you want it bigger say and i'll email you the big version