MX Trax
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hollis wheels

Default Hollis wheels

Hi, I saw these at the dirt bike show, they looked good and only 390. Anyone know if they are any good or has anyone used them? I'm thinking about getting some for my lad's new bike.
    http://www.jbeuk.com/contents/en-uk/d3_wheels.html
    0 to casualty in 3.2 seconds!

Default Re: Hollis wheels

Hi, all our wheels are designed and assembled in the UK, and they are incredibly strong, and durable,

They are laced with our own home made spokes and nipples,
    we have the best wheelwright (proper term for a wheel builder) in the UK,

The hubs are manufactured from 6061 T6 Aluminium Alloy (the T6 dictates the heat treatment)
    the designs are optimised to reduce the stressed areas, basically we can move material around to improve the design, we use solidworks design software with our FEA package (cosmos) to analyse the finished designs,
    but just so that people feel that extra bit secure, the original prototypes have been in bikes for the last 3 years and are still running right now, we have used some great riders to test the wheels in all disaplines.

And now the results of our hard work are coming in, some "very" big teams are jumping on board, and the USA customers/suppliers are knocking on the door!!

To top it off, Jack brunnel, riding for the
    Golden Tyres IHLE Kawasaki team got the overall at the supercross last weekend running our elite hubs and 360 rims
    http://www.mxlarge.com/interview/4403-jack-brunell-interview-british-supercross-hope

there are some people saying on other forums that were Talon/DNA copies and that we just sorce the wheel sets complete and sell them on!!
    this is completly untrue, every part of our wheel has been developed and designed by our team, our hubs are completly different form any others out there!! the only common feature we have to any of the other wheel builders is the bearings!!!

if you have any questions please PM me, ill be happy to discuss any of our products

hope my spellings ok!!!

Expert

sounds like you have a decent product. good luck with it all.

Cheers,
    I'll be in touch when we get christmas out of the way. Just out of interest
    how much extra is it for different colours? (his bike is a suzuki)
    I think he wants black rims instead of gold (not sure about hubs).

The rear wheel size is for 450s only, all though it say 250s and 125s and why no 18" on some models, if you build the wheels its only the rims size thats different, so how hard is it to make some to order??

'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

Have met the guys on a couple of occasions and are very nice and easy to get along with, i wouldnt hesitate in dealing with them and there products are great, i wish they would make some husky wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Buffhusqvarna View Post
    Have met the guys on a couple of occasions and are very nice and easy to get along with, i wouldnt hesitate in dealing with them and there products are great, i wish they would make some husky wheels
    Yeah, they seemed nice and helpful.
    I didn't even think about the width of the rear, but I'm running 125 wheels on my 250 2t (2c racing wheels) so I might get some hollis ones for my bike and give my lad mine!

I can vouch for the quality of the wheels I know a decent rider at the British that was using them all year with no problems at all.
    I know they have been tested aswell for some time in the US with great results by some decent riders.
    Good to see another alternative available and UK made.

Had a look on their website and must admit they are tempting at under 400, but it doesnt list all the models that it will fit?

Seen them at dirt bike show, seemed decent. Thinking of getting a set for next season; talked to both hollis and central wheels at dbs but all that central did was slate hollis just to try and get business - guess what, I didnt work, walked away and most probably will be getting two complete sets from hollis next year.

They looked real good and seemed a good deal for under 400.