MX Trax

Thread: Kx125 clutch help

Novice

Exclamation Kx125 clutch help

Ive Recently put a new clutch basket, plates, springs and cable on a 98 kx 125 and no matter how I adjust the cable the clutch is physically hard to pull in, I mean it works and that but it's hard work really, could the springs in the basket need slackening off or would this make the clutch slip? Or could it be new springs need waring in? Although I've done a good few hours like this and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Any ideas please?

Default Re: Kx125 clutch help

Dont loosen the springs off they should always be tightened down or the bolts may vibrate loose and it all fall apart.

have you checked the cable routing? because if thats not routed right or squished under the tank somewhere that could make the cable harder to pull?

check the position of the arm etc that the cable attaches to lhs of the crancase and check the bearings are intact on the rod that goes down into the gearbox area (2 small roller bearings behind a seal)

for max leverage the arm on the end of the rod should be just further than 90degrees from the cable

Novice

cheers for the replys the cable is ok not squashed or court anywhere, as for the arm that the cable attaches to, it is all in one i think if i remember right as i did think of ajusting that when i was tryin to fix it ,i mean all in one as in you cant take the arm lever off a thread and move it back you can pull the lever and bar up and out the engine but it only goes in one way that will make the clutch work at all, as its got a flat peace on the bar that goes in the engine and pushes on the rod/bar that pushes the clutch basket apart to seperate the plates, sorry i dont no the correct name for these parts ive explained best i can . any help appreciated.

did you get a heavy duty clutch kit? Sounds like heavy duty clutch springs to me, had some of them in my uncle's cr250 and you could barely pull the clutch in.
    I have seen the light, and it is hazed in blue 2 stroke smoke!

Novice

yeah they was heavy duty ones could be they need waring in but theyve been in for like 1and half month though feels like i need a vice to pull the clutch in am suprised the alloy clutch lever as not broke yet

take the cable off and see if the inner slides in and out freely if not oil it or go for afresh cable