MX Trax
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Energy for the gym

Novice

Default Energy for the gym

Is there any sort of supliment to take or drink which will give me a boost to go to the gym because as soon as i get time there do 30 min on the bike i feel I have no energy to do like weights or anything else and feel so tired. So what can i take to boost my energy levels to not feel drained and tired?

It probable doesnt help I'm working 8 at night until 8 in the morning and the gym is at work so I go at mad times in the night
    "If at first you donít succeed donít take up sky diving"

Default Re: Energy for the gym

the best you can do is take an energy gel or drink(like SIS PSP22 gel), immediately before your workout. This will put energy into your blood stream.
    It takes approximately 20-30 minutes for your liver glucose to be released in to your blood stream, so the energy drink will supplement this until it is in full flow.

Also i would do my cardio at the end of my weights or a separate day totally if poss.
    If you do it at the end, the liver will be releasing its energy and the run will act as a warm down for your muscles and aid in recovery and reducing the lactic acid in your muscles. May also help reduce muscle soreness too.

Novice

anabolic steriods?
    haha joking aside never do cardio before weights for that reason that you will be knackered after cardio always do the most intense stuff first e.g chest press , dumbell flies, cables and weight machienes etc then finish off with 20 minutes of cardio each time you go down there, interval training is the best tYpe of cardio i find as its very intense but a continuos jog will do fine just over time continous training will begin to utilise the muscle stores and not burn excess fat as an energy source like interval training will do .

Novice

Thanks for that team I'll take that all on board so going to the gym tonight and will do weights first then the cardio see how that goes like and report back

again

Thanks

Gary
    Last edited by Gwtaylor; 12th April 2012 at 11:09 PM.
    "If at first you donít succeed donít take up sky diving"

Superpump, jack3d etc have a look for pre work out formulas some work better than others on different people.

I think you need to think twice about taking supplements to give you energy to work out. As advised previously Cardio should be done after Weights but thats not gospel only 1/2 and hour cardio and not having the energy to continue is concerning and could point to a problem with health or diet.
    I don't know how old you are but I'm pushing 50 now and can manage a run of 4 miles on the treadmill or 3.2miles cross country, then do some weights, although I prefer weights first then run. I advise speaking to a Doctor just to be on safe side.

Intermediate

Beet it

It is clear that people use to take different drinks and supplements which can help them boosting their energy level so that thy can get exercise without tiresome and lethargy . What i like is drinking banana shake that is one of the best drink which is intended to help you developing your muscles and strength as well .

Senior

Quote Originally Posted by chappers998 View Post
    I think you need to think twice about taking supplements to give you energy to work out. As advised previously Cardio should be done after Weights but thats not gospel only 1/2 and hour cardio and not having the energy to continue is concerning and could point to a problem with health or diet.
    I don't know how old you are but I'm pushing 50 now and can manage a run of 4 miles on the treadmill or 3.2miles cross country, then do some weights, although I prefer weights first then run. I advise speaking to a Doctor just to be on safe side.

i agree with chappers i usually do a half hour of cv work just to get warmed up then weights then back to cv for a warm down
    strawberry blonde is the best