MX Trax

Thread: KTM 125 power valve HELP

Default KTM 125 power valve HELP

Hi guys, just had my barrell back from being replated on the 2011 KTM sx 125 and im having a bit of a game with the power valve.

Ive assembled all the powervalve on the front of the cylinder and ensured ive set the timing correctly by following a video on youtube. My problem is, when i come to put the two bolts on either side of the cylinder to hold the exhaust flap in place i manage to get them in ok, but then cant operate the powervalve by hand as it seems to have tightened the exhaust flap and clamped it so to speek. Is this normal? I dont overtighten the bolts on either side either, they are just nipped up, (not sure how tight they are ment to be???) but even finger tight renders the valve un-movable with my fingers... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Default Re: KTM 125 power valve HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Honda CR125 View Post
    Hi guys, just had my barrell back from being replated on the 2011 KTM sx 125 and im having a bit of a game with the power valve.

Ive assembled all the powervalve on the front of the cylinder and ensured ive set the timing correctly by following a video on youtube. My problem is, when i come to put the two bolts on either side of the cylinder to hold the exhaust flap in place i manage to get them in ok, but then cant operate the powervalve by hand as it seems to have tightened the exhaust flap and clamped it so to speek. Is this normal? I dont overtighten the bolts on either side either, they are just nipped up, (not sure how tight they are ment to be???) but even finger tight renders the valve un-movable with my fingers... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    turn them back a 3rd of a turn then put the lock clamps on
    90 racing mxc 2011 MCF grand slam final winners
    90 racing mxc 2012 elite youth league winners

As above , just loosen slightly, they are to work as a pivot for the flap. The lock tabs stop them from coming loose. Check the lock tabs are not wore out, they should allow the bolts to rock slightly not fully rotate. I used to use two per side , you will need a slightly longer bolt to do this

Senior

Make sure both sides are equally turned. I think I went out almost a whole turn out on mine