MX Trax
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: suzuki rm500 factory rep. whats it worth

Hellva of a bike ! Got to to be worth 3/5 to 4/5 grand just for the fact that it is unique. Please remember Steve is still in hospital with no income. See you soon buddy!!
    thanks for that..

That bike has some pretty trick parts on it and I bet if it heads off across the water Steve will get 4-5 grand.

Hope you get better soon Steve.
    thanks for that.
    how would i get people to see it across the water???

Bad luck mate, I know how you feel.

Can I see the other side. Cheers.

£1800 - £2000 I reckon.
    You gotta be joking JJ, thats a 3k bike all day long.
    maybe but in todays market, keep it steve, in a year i hope no i know you will change your mind, we still have loads of racing to do. get well soon,WB.
    thank mate but made my mind up. been hurt fare to much in last year. got tothink of work and stuff, not 20 anymore. prob go enduro inteed. ride at own pase,

That bike has some pretty trick parts on it and I bet if it heads off across the water Steve will get 4-5 grand.

thanks for that.
    Steve,
    Put it up on http://www.vitalmx.com in the old school moto section on their forum.
    Google vintage motocross websites in USA. Theres lots of regional sites you could post it too
    Also post it in for sale ads at
    http://www.vintagemx.us/cgi-bin/swapmeet.cgi
    get some more photos of it, give them plenty of info and I'm sure it will go to someone looking for a Brad Lackey replica.
    Tip: sign up to http://www.photobucket.com ,it's free, upload your pics to an album, then you can just right click on image code below each photo, it will say copied, then just paste them into text when making a post.
    If you need any more help PM me.
    If you want me to post it to Mototalk (membership site but well read) send me an e-mail to robakinsey@hotmail.com with all details, photos & price and will put it up on your behalf.
    Good luck, hope the leg mends well and you get a good price for it!
    www.robkinsey.com

thanks for that.
    Steve

Along with Rob's suggestion, you should advertise it here too:

http://www.vintagebikeads.com/

I'd be surprised if you didn't get a lot of interest in the bike.

Alex

I have to agree with JJ - its not a 78-80 250 Red Rocket, its not an 89 CR500 and its not an 81 490 Maico. Consequently (and I hate to say this), there is unlikely to be much demand for it and it will go for what someone is prepared to pay. I hope I'm wrong and I hope it gets good money, but I think JJ's observations are on the button...

any ideas what i should take for it. broke my leg bad at weekend so calling it a day.

now on ebay.

I have to agree with JJ - its not a 78-80 250 Red Rocket, its not an 89 CR500 and its not an 81 490 Maico. Consequently (and I hate to say this), there is unlikely to be much demand for it and it will go for what someone is prepared to pay. I hope I'm wrong and I hope it gets good money, but I think JJ's observations are on the button...
    [edit user="Relic" on="22/03/2009 11:11"]
    There are a couple of nice-sounding RM500s for sale at Arizona Mikes Vintage Bikes, and the prices vary hugely. Here are the specs of the two bikes:

1984 RM500- 100% mint original, orig. KYB shock just rebuilt by Don Ruffin, otherwise awesome bike, with all original plastic (excellent) and stickers intact. Perfect real vintage DG pipe. New O-ring chain. It's extremely rare to find an original '84 RM500 in this condition. $5,000.00

1984 RM500- Lackey World Championship replica. Simons UDX-60 inverted forks, full factory works style motor w/polished rod, crank, porting. Single sided airbox, a close replica of Brad's bike. New/rebuilt/or refurbished everything. A 'Custom Works' resto, none finer. Perfect, beautiful. $12,500.00

It is obvious that depending on spec and condition, this bike can make good money. I guess it just needs the right person looking at the right time (as always). Good luck selling it.

now on ebay.
    Just posted links for your e-bay advert on Mototalk and VitalMX.
    Already had a guy asking what opening bid is in US dollars so good luck. If you get someone who wants it in US, post on here as there are quite a few guys who export and import bikes from US and can advise you best way to do it.
    One thing on e-bay, beware of paypal and e-bay fees. E-bay will charge you a final valuation fee + Paypal will probably charge you 3.9% commission to accept a foreign payment then screw you further with a crap exchange rate.